About my Ootupura

'Ootu' means eating and 'Pura' means place. 'Ootupura' in malayalam refers to place in temples in Kerala (India) where tasty and delicious food is served.. In my ootupura here, you will find some of the authentic and traditional recipes that I prepare at home..

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Raw Mango and Plantain curry

ffffffff
This is a curry that my mom makes.. Usually this is prepared with raw Cashewnuts and is a delicious side dish with rice..Main thing about this dish is the amazing aroma that it has.. Though I had had this many a time at my home, this is the first time I am making it of my own..I tried this without cashewnuts and came out really good. So sharing this recipe with all.. Try it out and you will also like it! I guarantee!
hhhhhhh
Preperation Time : 20-30 min
eeeeeeeee
Ingredients:
Raw Mango - 1/4 cup
Raw Plantain - Half one
Drumstick - 6-8 nos
Coconut - 2 cups
Red chilly pwdr - 1 tbsp
Turmeric pwdr - 1/4 tsp
Shellots - 1
Curry Leaves
Oil (preferably coconut oil)
Salt for taste
ffffffffffffffffff
Preperation Method:
1) Grind coconut, red chilly pwdr, turmeric pwdr, shellots into a fine paste.
2) Cut the raw plantain and raw mango into long (alomost equal to length of a tumb) and 1/2 inch thick pieces
3) Take a pan and add the ground mix, all vegetables and water (1 cup). Add salt and cook until the vegetables are cooked well.
Note:- Make sure you do not overcook. Make sure that the manago and plantaing pieces do not break.
4) Add curry leaves and coconut oil. Boil for couple of minutes.
Dish is now ready. Serve this hot :-

No comments:

Post a Comment