About my Ootupura

'Ootu' means eating and 'Pura' means place. 'Ootupura' in malayalam refers to place in temples in Kerala (India) where tasty and delicious food is served.. In my ootupura here, you will find some of the authentic and traditional recipes that I prepare at home..

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mushroom Spinach Fry

This is a dish that I got from one of my friends.. Spinach and Mushroom fry is a recipe I was hesitant to try initially but later when my friend insisted, I decided to try it out.. And believe me, I was in for a huge surprise.. Not only did it came really good, it has turned to be one of the favorites of my hubby..

Preperation Time : 10-15 min
ddd
Ingredients:
Mushroom - 200gm
Spinach - 1 Cup
Onion - 1 (medium)
Garlic Pods - 3
Green Chilly - 2
Red Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander pwdr - 1 tsp
Turmeric pwdr - a pinch
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Salt for taste
Oil
ffffffffff
Preparation Method:
1) Slice the onion, garlic pods, green chillies, Spinach and Mushrooms.
2) Heat oil in a pan. Add sliced garlic and saute for a minute.
3) Add onion, green chillies and aloow it to fry till onion turns golden brown in color.
4) Add all the powders and mix well.
5) Add sliced mushrooms, mix well. Cover the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
6) Add spinach to the pan and let it get fried.
7) Stir the contens for 5-6 min. When the oil around the mushroom starts to sizzle, it is done and ready to be served

No comments:

Post a Comment